There is something about sharing personal details about your life onstage that audiences perceive as an open invitation to say whatever they want to you afterward.
Suggesting that a funny woman disproves the idea that chicks aren’t funny is like saying “Woman Graduates From Harvard, Disproving The Idea That Women Cannot Read Words Good."
I went to an International Women's Day event last night that debunked both the myth that women aren't funny, and the myth that every comedy night has to have at least one bad act.
People genuinely feel like it’s okay to bandy about the idea that women aren’t funny. Women. Not some women, or one woman. ALL women. Because apparently 51% of the population are dull as sin, and the other 49% are totally fucking hilarious.