Every comment is a brick in the bridge to whatever comes next for us.
This week was one of the busiest we've had around here, what with the launch of xoVain and other stuff -- and next week I'll be in Austin at South By SouthwestAND I started a new gig as the head of the Charlotte's school's 5th grade newspaper. I am a tiny confused about SXSWi because it's my first time. So can we use this special time to talk about the best BBQ in Austin? Is there some good place to get homemade kombucha? Where can I go for yoga? What if I'm craving steak? Most importantly, what should I wear and pack? In the photo above you can see Corynne trying to make me choose something "appropriate." This is the same person who thinks I will actually practice what I am going to say during my session. Hah.
Also, let's talk about what I couldn't get anyone to write about this week. What did y'all miss out on?
- "Switched at birth" did an episode almost entirely in ASL.
- There was a national survey on excessive masturbation.
- H&M has a new makeup line.
- To my male friends on Facebook who "like" sexism.
- Moms never try anything new.
- Single women care more about their looks than their career prospects.
- There's a "Said to lady journos" tumblr.
- What's too young to get married?