- DEFINE: Gently line your lips with a lip liner that matches your natural lip color or the lipstick that you're going to use later.
- APPLY: Lightly fill in your lips with the NYX Milk eye pencil, but don't go nuts. A thin coat is all you need.
- PERFECT: Use a tiny lip brush (or a Q-tip) to gently smooth the eye pencil all over your lips (you want it to look even).
- ADD COLOR: Layer your lipstick on top of the pencil. Blot your lips with a tissue and apply another coat of lipstick if you want more intense color.
- LOCK IT IN: Trace your lip liner around your lips one more time to keep the lipstick from bleeding.
Sounds Crazy, But It Works: Use This $4.50 Eye Pencil To REALLY Make Your Lipstick Last All Day
As you know, the cosmetics industry is saturated with long-wear lipsticks that promise perky and luscious lips that don’t smudge, smear or fade. I have yet to find a lipstick that fulfills ALL of its advertised promises, have you? And, unlike the gorgeous celebs in those ads, we don’t have 24/7 glam squads to make sure our lips stay perfect.
Whether you have a date this weekend with a “McSteamy” look-alike, are yearning to find a lipstick solution that keeps you selfie-ready or simply want your lipstick to last from 9 to 5 pm and then from 5 to 9 am (party girls, pay attention) I’ve got you covered. The key is finding a product that can be repurposed to suit your needs. We all need a secret weapon in our arsenal of makeup products that will defy the laws of beauty and I have found a brilliant solution to stop your lipstick from fading. Drumroll, please!
My best-kept, little-known secret is NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk. I use it as a base on my lips.
When you first apply it, you’ll flashback to the 1960s when super-pale lipstick was actually a style staple, but don't worry! Just follow my steps and everything will be right in the world again, I promise.
When used on the lips as a base, the eye pencil will seal your color in place all day -- no smearing, flaking or dryness! The jumbo pencil is shaped like a crayon which makes application practically effortless and easy to do on the go. No matter what the occasion (or lipstick shade), when I wear lipstick I DO NOT leave my house without applying my NYX jumbo eye pencil first! Ladies, my lipstick has endured countless wine tastings, midnight kisses on New Year’s Eve and the occasional buffalo wings binge during football season (remember, this is a judgment free zone).
All right, I showed you mine, now you show me yours. Anybody got a secret cheapie beauty product to share with me?