It's gonna get sappy up in here.
I can count on my hand the number of New Year's resolutions I've kept. I mean, I've made a ton of them over the years, but only a few have stuck. To wit:
- Make the bed every morning
- Pay off my credit card in full every month
- Put the maximum allowable amount into my 401k
- Refinance my student loans
- * Stop buying stripe-y shirts
But I just can't get all worked up or stressed out about the ridiculous amount of pressure that comes down on us at the beginning of a new year, urging us to be better, or different, or happier, or whatever-er. From where I sit, anytime of the year is a good time to make a positive change.
Speaking of positive changes: Join me in saying a major congrats to Sable, who starts a full-time gig over at Beauty High next week. I am sad to see her (and her ever-changing hair color, as well as stories like this one) go, but the freelance grind can be, well, a grind. And benefits are sexy. Sable, take it:
A farewell note from me: It's been one of the funnest years for me, writing for xoVain--and as a first foray into beauty writing, it's probably the best entry a weirdo like me could hope for. It's been a pleasure discussing everything from chemical hair disasters (always at the forefront of my mind), weird exes, lipstick drama, and glitter casualties with the xoCommunity. Thanks for being a beauteous and kind group of hilarious babes and smart cookies!
So if you're looking for a steady freelance beauty-writing gig, we now have a spot to fill. Get at me!
- What resolutions have you kept?
- What resolutions are you making this year?
- Any of them have to do with beauty?
Talk about whatever's on your mind in this, your first Open Thread of 2015.
* I broke that one recently--I can't help myself when it comes to stripe-y shirts. It's a problem.
Cover image via