It's gonna get sappy up in here.
Yes, I know Thanksgiving is over now (and, of course, there are readers who didn't celebrate it anyway) but there's never a bad time to focus on gratitude. If there's anything that stops me from buying too much crap around this time of year, it's reminding myself of all the awesome things I already own.
Although I could go on and on about all the products I love, I did my best to narrow it down to just ten products that I'm always grateful to have on hand. These are the products that have saved my butt time and time again, the products that I honestly don't think I could replace.
Check out my favorites, in no particular order, below.
Feel free to chime in with the products you're most grateful for in the comments!
Now it's time for your Comments of the Week!
1. "Caddiewoodlawn" was spot-on about Barbie through the decades:
'67 and '69 are totally adorable. I'd say '79 is the most frightening thing I've ever seen, except I'm pretty sure '80 is going to come to life and kill me in my sleep.
2. I agree with "earthsunandstar" about her favorite example of romcom beauty:
JULIE DELPY IN EVERY MOVIE. 2 Days in New York, especially.
3. "Meghan" offered a great dry shampoo hack:
Also wanted to add separately that I have used inexpensive translucent blotting powder for faces as dry shampoo in a pinch. It actually worked pretty well! I applied with a powder brush to my visible roots and hairline and since it's so finely milled and translucent, it got rid of oiliness well enough and didn't need to be blended in extensively.
4. There's a lot of Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales to get excited about but I have to admit I laughed at what "Mere Darling" said about this one:
Who really uses Jamberry other than that one friend you have on facebook?
5. "Madeline" had the best endorsement for a long-wear drugstore lipstick that I've ever heard:
I would like to offer my ringing endorsement for the Rimmel Provocalips. I wore one during a long day of very poor decisions, wherein I was blackout drunk by 11 a.m., threw up twice, and ate an entire pizza. When I woke up the next morning, that shit was still looking on point.
6. "Maura" knows exactly how it's possible to "act blonde"; I can corroborate this:
I'm not saying it's related but I have been having a lot of fun since I went blonde! But maybe it's just that when the burns on your scalp finally healed you know what life is like when your scalp is alive and you just appreciate all the small things in life.
- Your turn: what beauty products (or beauty services or rituals) are you most thankful for?
- Did anyone score any killer Black Friday deals?