Salon quality nails without the salon quality small talk!
Look of the Week Thursday is fast becoming my favorite day of the week (second only to Dancing With the Stars Monday). I get to share the looks I’m playing with, and I have all of your lovely faces in return to inspire me for the weeks to come! Here are my favorite selfies from last week's thread.
Here's what you need for my super-simple black widow manicure:
- Start by applying a base coat and letting it dry completely.
- Once that’s done, use the red polish to paint all of your nails except for the ring fingers; you will use the black polish to paint those.
I used two thin coats of each color.
- Now take some pieces of tape and cut them in half with your nail clippers or scissors (horizontally) to create narrower strips.
- Take the strips and lay them down on your accent nail, creating an hourglass-shaped void in the center; this acts as a stencil.
- Paint over the hourglass shape with the red polish you used on your other nails; you will need 2-3 coats to get it to full opacity.
- Once dry (I waited 45 minutes), carefully remove the tape and add your top coat.
- Use a nail art brush dipped in remover to clean along the edges and tidy up.
- Anyone else feeling the Halloween mani vibe?
- Do you like simple nail art, or full-on elaborate masterpieces?
It’s your turn to take over the comments section with your pictures: show us your current LOTW, be it a new ‘do, a fresh mani, or your lovely face. You can also tag me on Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. Don’t forget to also tag @xovain and #xolotw.