Azealia Banks (aka BAMBI) is the most fashion-forward rapper in the game right now. And she doesn’t even want to be called a rapper! She’s that bossy. I saw her new video for “Van Vogue” yesterday, and I almost puked, it’s so glam.
Me freaking out on a website called Twitter
I mean, her lipstick! She’s got four different looks -- a burgundy, a purple, a blue-green, a black ... just watch it already.
After my mini-coronary, I immediately set about attempting to replicate the looks in the video. Most of the products I used are drug store cheapies, so go ahead and experiment along with me!
THE BURGUNDY LIP
This is the main look she wears throughout the video. It’s super sexy and glossy and the easiest to do of all of them. Burgundy is going to be BIG this fall; clearly Azealia knows what’s up.
• Line and fill in your lips with a neutral pencil
• Add three good coats of a burgundy/plum lipstick
• Finish it off with good ol’ Lipsmackers gloss!
THE PURPLE/UNDERWATER LIP
Bambi rocks this one when she’s floating around in the water like the trendiest mermaid bitch ever. She just kills me.
• Do the same neutral lip liner dealie
• Add two or three coats of violet/plum lipstick
•Pat bright purple eyeshadow into the center of your lips. I know it sounds weird, but how cool does it look? I used Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow in Painted Purple.
THE BLUE/GREEN/MERMAID GLITTER LIP
Azealia only shows off this look for a split second, but I think it’s my favorite. It made me feel like an underwater sea princess sex goddess. That’s a thing.
• Neutral lip liner!
• GLITTER. I slapped regular craft store green glitter all over and put a sticky jewel on my top lip. So you know, don’t swallow those or anything.
THE BLACK CAVIAR/3D LIP
This is the bossiest of all. But also, don’t smoke!
• Lip liner.
• Pat on some black eyeshadow for extra emphasis
• Then sticky jewels! I used them instead of the black baubles Azealia has on to liven things up a bit. Use as many as you want just DON’T SWALLOW THEM
THIS LOOK IS NOT FOR CHILDREN.
So there you have it -- BAMBI STYLE. Let me know which look you’re in love with (or if you hated all of them!) in the comments.
PS did you guys see Azealia’s Dazed and Confused cover this month? Banned in 7 countries. That is all.
I mean, come on.
Allie’s losing it on Twitter @allierileyjones