Every comment is a brick in the bridge to whatever comes next for us.
Welcome to 2015, xoJane folks. How was your New Year's Eve? Did you go out and party until sunrise? Did you kiss at midnight? Or did you eat snacks in bed and fall asleep before 11?
For the new year, we have two great new women here at xoJane and I couldn't be more excited to introduce them to you all. First is our new intern, Kiley, who is in New York City (living here for the first time ever) to help us out during her January semester.
Second, is our Editorial Assistant, Jessie (when she came to work out of my apartment for a day a couple of weeks ago, the staff still called her "New Olivia," but now we call her Jessie).
You may have plenty of things to talk about, but just in case you want comment inspiration, here are a few items I was wondering about this week:
- Do you eat the seeds of various fruits (as I do) and, if so, are you worried about the arsenic in them?
- Would you rather have a pet iguana or a pet python?
- Do you wear hats?
- What is the perfect room temperature?
- Was that last one a seriously boring question?
- If you could be reincarnated as a plant, what type of plant would you be?
- Where is the weirdest place you have fallen asleep?
- Have you ever eaten the tail of a deep-fried shrimp?
- What do you hope for from xoJane this year, if anything at all?
I love you all, love your stories and opinions and weird thoughts, and love when you help each other out. So here is the place we can do all that and not worry that anything we write is off-topic. Woohoo and rejoice!