It's gonna get sappy up in here.
Last weekend, and a little late to the party, I finally downloaded Serial. Over two days, I binge-listened to the first 10 episodes, something like, nine hours of radio, which was time I didn't really have, but I couldn't let it go. I was HOOKED.
Anyone else out there listening? Any theories on who really did it? Also, anyone having a hard time with the whole thing, knowing that these are real people and not fictional characters? And their lives are being investigated by Internet sleuths all over the globe. (Serial is the most-downloaded podcast in the world.) That part is hard for me to square.
I get obsessed about things all the time. And I consume that thing until I burn myself out on it, whether it's a food item, song, show, cocktail, style of jean, sneaker, or beauty product.
In that category, I've recently become fixated on nude lipstick. I know! How revolutionary! But though it's not a new concept, the "nude" color spectrum has recently improved. It's leagues better than the frosty, ashy shades of recent years; now there are a ton of great options out there. Suddenly, I have to have it, in every texture and from every brand.
Above, from left, are a few from my current rotation. (Oh yes, there are others. I said I was obsessed!)
- Maybelline Color Sensational Creamy Mattes in Daringly Nude
- Lipstick Queen Silver Screen in You Kid
- NARS Audacious Lipstick in Anita
- Tom Ford Lips & Boys Lip Color in Julian
- Charlotte Tilbury Kissing Lipstick in Penelope Pink
- Marc Jacobs New Nudes Sheer Lip Gel in Eat Cake (out in February)
- Kevyn Aucoin The Expert Lip Color in Saylair
- Napoleon Perdis Mattetastic Lipstick in Grace
What are your current beauty obsessions? Are you into Serial? (Do you think Jay is hiding something?) Confess to anything you want, or just talk about beauty stuff, in this week's Open Thread.