We wanted an apology and got ignorance instead.
While ringing in the New Year, I am always so excited for the new beauty trends yet to come. In 2014 the pendulum swung away from over-the-top looks and toward the no-makeup look, which, curiously, always requires makeup.
I’ve thought a bit about what I’d like to see and do beauty-wise this year, and I’ve come up with a few beauty resolutions for 2015.
- Change my hair. Good grief, it is time.
- Be better to my skin and use body lotion EVERY DAY.
- Spend at least 30 minutes a day doing some sort of activity. I don’t care if it’s shoveling the driveway. No excuses, 2015!
Time for the Comments of The Week!
“Not exactly relevant, but I'm having complete anxiety over 2015 being the Year of the Lips. Like, come on guys, I JUST got my eyebrow game down. Can we celebrate eyebrows one more year before I have to figure out overdrawing my lips to be a Cool Kid!?”--"anna"
2. This year is already looking promising as far as new products go. But I'm with "Leetoki" on this argan oil packaging mini-rant.
“...I swear to god if I see one more product with a Moroccan/argan oil nature that has papyrus or any font derivative thereof as their main typeface, I am going to jump off a bloody bridge.”--"Leetoki"
3. I swore allegiance to peppermint with my first use of Dr. Bronner's, and this peppermint oil pain relief tip is for real!
“I love peppermint scented anything. Dr. Bronner's pure castile soap in peppermint is my favorite. Also, peppermint oil is so good for headaches or cramps. Just roll it on the area where the pain is focused (KEEP IT FAR AWAY FROM EYES, THOUGH!) and put a heat pack over it. Instant relief if you are waiting for medicine to kick in.”--"KC"
4. Though I just can’t with pig collagen face cream, I seriously appreciate “bexojo’s” POV on using animal-based products:
“Well, I'm a vegetarian, so I probably think about this differently than omnivores, but if you're going to kill an animal you might as well use the parts and not just throw them away after indiscriminate killing. If you really think that this is particularly worse than eating meat, you're probably compartmentalizing...”--"bexojo"
“This is so duh duh dumb, but 2014 was the first year I really realized how much what I put IN my body makes more of a difference than any product. I used to desperately try ALL THE PRODUCTS in hopes of achieving a much sought after glow, but this year I really figured out what my body needs and how to take care of it, and I look the best I ever have and I use less products than ever before. Yay water, veggies, and sleep. Yaaaaaayyyyy”--"rachel claire perkins"
Did you ring in the New Year in a fabulous way? Or did you stay home and go to bed early? I stayed up until the countdown and then slept in until noon the next day. Treat yourself!
- What 2014 trends are you ready to give the boot?
- Any guesses on what the major beauty trends of 2015 will be?
- Also, let's see all those New Year's and holiday beauty look selfies in the comments!