It's gonna get sappy up in here.
My nails are a work in progress. They're so brittle that I've given up on trying to grow them out. Instead I baby them, try not to damage them with harsh products, and give them breaks from nail polish.
I've tried a few products from this new line and so far the base coat is my favorite. I like the cute packaging--with an ergonomic butterfly handle--and I really love how it makes my hands look. I rarely use it as a base for other shades because I like the "my nails but better" look that I get from two coats of this and one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Top Coat.
I don't know if it'll give you mannequin hands (does anyone want mannequin hands?) but it definitely hides imperfections and it hasn't had any harsh effects on my nails. Try it out if you're looking for a good base coat or a neutral everyday shade.
Now it's time for your Comments of the Week!
1. Here's a handy tip from "collier" for hiding a chipped manicure.
"Textured glitter polishes (Zoya Pixie Dusts, Orly Pixels) are GREAT for messed-up tips. They're super sparkly, dry pretty fast, usually opaque in one coat, and the thickness of the polish itself makes it relatively easy to get a clean straight line or curve."
2. Sorry to "choosewisely" and everyone who thought this article was about caring for your hair down there. Maybe next time, guys.
"The homepage title of this article made me think it was going to be about taking care of your pubic hair. I was excited."
3. I definitely want to try this summer fragrance combination from "mapsandpeaches."
"Firebird's saltwater rollerball layered with Lush's Lust is my favorite sexy summer scent. I only use this combo in warmer weather; it wears gorgeously in heat and sweat and I love putting it on when I come back from the beach at the end of the day. The saltwater scent smells just like a salty, sandy beach with a fresh breeze, and we all know what Lust is like, all animalistic jasmine."
4. If you're looking for ways to make your period easier, "loch ness manda" has a great app rec.
"Clue is the best period tracker app, ever. Not full of pink flowers and feminine junk, just straight-forward reminders that "your period's coming!" or "track your sex life!" or "GORL PMS IS COMING SOON BUY ALL THE CHOCOLATE AND PREPARE FOR DOOM," etc."
5. I've definitely bookmarked Samantha's best and worst beauty purchases article, because the comments have so many great recommendations and hilarious bad reviews. Cheers to "Lynsi" for starting a sub-thread for those of us on a budget!
I would be interested in a "5 best/worst for broke ass bitches like me who wouldn't spend more than $10 or $20 on a product," depending. I have one splurge: Arbonne moisturizer and eye cream, because moisturizer is everything. Thoughts, anyone?
Oh man, you guys had SO many thoughts. Like I said: bookmarked.
- What do you wear for a "my nails but better" look?
- Anyone else try anything from Colour Prevails? What'd you think?