It's gonna get sappy up in here.
So, New York Fashion Week (Fall ’13) ended last week, but I’m still reeling over all the cool beauty looks that came down the runways. Why wait ‘til next fall to try them out?
My favorite has to be the sixties vixen look created by Pat McGrath for Cover Girl at Anna Sui. It’s a bold, black winged liner up top with a dotted liner down below. MAJOR party look -- like "Mad Men" on acid. Obviously, I had to try it for myself. And since Cover Girl products were used to create the look, it’s super affordable!
- A black pencil liner like Cover Girl Perfect Blend Eyeliner
- A black liquid liner like Cover Girl LineExact Liquid Liner
Step by step:
- Start by lining your top lid with the pencil. Try to get as close to the lash line as possible, yo.
- Then shade the lid with the pencil. Don’t worry about being perfect; this is just your base.
- Pull out your liquid liner. Trace the lash line, and then make another line a little bit above the crease. Bring the two lines together to make a point. Fill the space in between.
- WAIT AT LEAST 3 MINUTES BEFORE OPENING YOUR EYES ALL THE WAY. This ish needs time to dry.
- Make three dots on your lower lashline with the liquid liner.
This is all surprisingly easy to do; the hard part is just waiting for it to dry. And look how sassy the result is!
Allie’s taking requests on Twitter @allierileyjones.