Bangs, fringe, breakage — whatever you call it, it'll fit in some butterfly clips.
Slightly mussed, did-she-or-didn't she just emerge from the boudoir is a classic look. It will never date and it will always be sexy. If you need proof, take Brigitte Bardot's signature hair for example — it's almost half a century later and her look is still used as reference and inspiration. If that's not timeless, then I don't know what is.
In the celebration of love and kisses and, well, let's face it, a good romp, we made a tutorial for how to get "just got some lovin' hair," but the MIMI way, natch. Check out the short vid and more detailed steps below!
1) Sprinkle a texturizing powder, like Bumble and bumble Prêt à Powder ($12; sephora.com) on your roots and gently work it into the scalp.
2) Wrap your hair around a 1 inch curling iron like Harry Josh 2-in-1 Ceramic Marcel Curling Iron ($175; dermstore.com). Be sure to make every other strand wrap around the iron in opposite directions.
3) Hold pieces at random lengths of time, and varying sizes to make your waves.
4) Spritz a texturizing spray all over your hair. We suggest Rene Furterer Vegetal Texture Spray ($17; dermstore.com)
5) Muss things up with your fingers. Don't be afraid to get messy!
This post originally appeared on mimichatter.com: Watch: How to Get Mussed, Chic Bed-Head; Roxanne Adamiyatt
Other stories from MIMI you might be into: