Bangs, fringe, breakage — whatever you call it, it'll fit in some butterfly clips.
I have loved having pastel pink hair even more than I thought I would. It goes great with red lipstick, it hasn't clashed with any of my clothes, and it just makes my life seem a little prettier and more magical every day.
Alas, thanks to the inevitable march of time — and shampoo — the Manic Panic Creamtone shade that I used (Fleurs Du Mal) has started to fade. I've washed it probably four or five times so far, and it would probably last for another couple of washes. I feel like it's time to move on, though. Honestly, it's not really up to me; it's up to my quickly growing roots.
So, which shade from the Manic Panic Creamtone line should I try next? I'm torn between Velvet Violet and Blue Angel.
I think I'm leaning towards Velvet Violet. I feel like purple will also look really good with red lipstick. Also, if/when I do try the blue, I want to mix it with the green shade (Sea Nymph) for a minty look.
Now it's time for your Comments of the Week!
1. To be clear, it's rubbing garlic on our ZITS. Don't be like "Elise" and put garlic in the wrong place (just kidding, Elise!).
Definitely read the title as "Rubbing Garlic on Our Tits" and was verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry confused for a minute. Haha
2. I do my own nails maybe once every few months using the polish that "Dot_race" recommended so I have to admit I'm on her side here (no judgment from me if you like to splurge on mani-pedis though!).
People...criminy! Get a bottle of the red Sally Hansen quick-dry and your nails do themselves! IT'S BASICALLY FREE! STOP THE MANI MADNESS! Sorry for the judgeclamation points, but seriously...you don't have to calculate a tip to have nice nails. Signed, an xoOld who would rather you put $40 a month toward a retirement account or eating more vegetables or something sensible.
3. I LOVED this money-saving tip from "lana del cray" regarding illuminators:
I went to buy the Becca backlight primer & my Sephora was out of it, so this wonderful angel employee told me the Sephora Beauty Amplifier Afterglow Primer & Luminizer (long name omg) is the same damn thing & it's only $16. I have used both, & honestly can't tell the difference! Just fyi in case anyone is a poor like me :)
4. Thanks to "figgyfox" for this awesome tip for cleaning up nail polish spills:
If you got polish on a hard surface WHITE SUGAR. By some insane magic, it clumps up so you can sweep it away.
5. I am desperate to have "Hungrylikethewolf" international-beauty-swap me this magical potion:
I'm Australian and I would send Macro Vitamin E cream EVERYWHERE. Me and my best friend have been using it for 10 years at least, we're both 30 and people always guess we're 5 sometimes 10 years younger. We chalk it down to Macro. It has vitamin E, avocado oil & Retin A and it's only about $15AUD for 100grams. My mum uses it too, she's in her 50's and her skin looks wonderful.
- Time to vote: Velvet Violet or Blue Angel?
- What's your hair color up to these days?