Bath lovers can't have ALL the fragrant fun.
There's brand loyalty, and then there's brand obsession. For me, I have a few go-to brands that I consistently repurchase from. Those would be Urban Decay (obsessed since their '90s debut), LUSH Cosmetics (duh), Thesis Beauty (organic and affordable <3 ) and, as you'll see today, TOCCA.
For those unfamiliar, TOCCA--which means "touch," FYI-- is an Italian home and beauty brand that specializes in fragrances. They've got heavenly body scrubs, luxurious lotions, splurgy candles, hand soap, bath gel and, of course, perfume. I own all of the above, including the majority of their perfumes (either large or small versions).
Anyway, I was delighted when I happened upon their Meet the Girls collection, a 10-piece kit featuring their most popular perfumes.
Each perfume crafted by TOCCA is named after a woman (make-believe or inspired by a real lady), hence the "Meet the Girls" title. I love that they even have a story outlined for each one. I like to think I'm a true Florence, even though I've only spent a week of my life in Paris and I don't speak a lick of French.
The following ladies are included:
- Cleopatra: A soft and warm infusion of powder and peaches.
- Stella: A fresh, summery blend that smells like sunshine.
- Florence: Like walking through a canopy of dripping lilacs and blooming pear trees.
- Giulietta: A musky, sweet bouquet of gardenias and peonies.
- Colette: A sweet, peppery perfume with notes of juniper, bergamot, and incense.
- Bianca: A fresh, sugary combo of lavender, mandarin, jasmine, and green tea.
- Violette: A bold mix of ginger and coriander mellowed by cedar and musk.
- Liliana: A juicy, sweet fusion of bergamot, neroli, gardenia, and patchouli.
- Margaux: A seductive combo of citrus, amber-y violet, black jasmine, and vanilla.
- Simone: Like a picnic in the sun with notes of watermelon, apple, rose petals, and amber.
I love collections like this because you get to mix up your fragrance game every single day of the week.
Sure, you find favorites (I'm a sucker for Cleopatra, Bianca, Colette, and Simone) that run out more quickly than others. But say you're feeling particularly sweet in your pink top and sparkly flats and want to throw on something that makes you feel coquettish. STELLA. Or maybe you've got a hot date and want to wear something ultra musky. BOOM: MARGAUX.
I can't even tell you how many compliments and comments I get when wearing TOCCA fragrances. Usually it's something along the lines of, "Holy crap! You smell amazing!" or "What smells so good?" to which I delightfully reply, "ME!"
Seriously, the fragrances are so complex and so unlike anything else out there. They're rich, enticing, long-lasting, and worth every single penny you drop.
The set is $62, which is actually less than the cost of one perfume, and I've made my set last quite a while. I see it taking me through all of 2015, in fact. It is a limited edition and I've noticed it's selling out quickly, so hop to it if you're interested.
- Which is your favorite TOCCA perfume?
- Do you prefer smaller sizes that are easy to carry around? Or bottles to display on your dresser?
- What's the best fragrance-related compliment you've ever received?