It's basically SAW: Beauty Edition.
Lord, help me. I still have #thinhairproblems. In case you were wondering, the fluffy princess blow-out I often wear is boosted by a sizable custom hairpiece. But when it comes to updos, I have always enjoyed wearing my hair in a half-up-half-down bun, especially in the summertime. The problem? I have a skinny bun! As a solution, I came up with this super simple DIY that boosts bun volume in 10 minutes or less.
- wefted human hair (I use Indique and can vouch for its ability to stay gorgeous after frequent use.)
- ponytail holder
- nylon thread
- Dritz Fray Check (optional, but I consider it important)
WEARING YOUR NEW BUN BUMPER!
This DIY feels like nothing and adds very little weight to the ponytail/bun. I can think of no reason not to try it!
- Are you a half-up-half-down fan?
- Do you remember those doofy butterfly falls?
- Hit me with any Q's about buying hair!
Photos: Darnell Scott