One night this week, in a Bikram yoga class, I ran into an old beauty assistant from Jane magazine who is now a big beauty editor at Marie Claire. I'm always excited when someone who worked for me gets a better job somewhere else. Well, happy and pissed off. But happy for their success, for sure.
Which I thought of just now, because a couple of our regular contributors, like Kate Conway, have gotten new full-time jobs that prevent them from writing for xoJane anymore, and it's really bittersweet. I'm very happy for them, but it also means fewer contributing editors to tackle the topics Emily and Lesley request be covered on the site.
This week, for example, no one took on the following:
- How would you describe how your breasts feel? [Huffington Post]
- Dramatic ways to quit your job. [Buzzfeed]
- When is a prank funny, and it when is it just being a jerk? [Jezebel]
- How the Internet responded to Thank A Police Officer Day. [Daily Dot]
- You might be able to sue a failed Kickstarter for a refund. [Gawker]
- Online dating sites for pot-smokers. [Bustle]
- The best '90s slang that should make a comeback. [Hello Giggles]
- If you see a guy wearing a suit, it might be a single piece of clothing called Suitsy. [L.A. Times]
I will be curious to read your comments here about which of these topics you wish we covered, so let me know. And which contributors you will most miss.