If you have to chat with great aunt Mildred or a bill collector or whomever, you might as well do it like a fuckin’ lady and have a foot soak while you’re at it.
I looove foot soaks. I’m not crafty and typically shy away from anything labeled DIY, but this soak/scrub combo I’m going to show you is so easy, I’ve been doing it since grade school. It will make you feel glamorous like a lady-in-waiting or a Real Housewife or something. Guaranteed to brighten up dull conversations or bad days. Guaranteed, I say!
THINGS YOU NEED FOR THE ULTIMATE FOOT SOAK/SCRUB COMBO:
• Epsom salts and lemon for the soak. Essential oils and rose petals are optional but really up the ante. I found these lavender-scented Epsom salts at the drug store -- 2-in-1!
• Brown sugar and olive oil for the scrub. Again, essential oil would be a nice addition. I like rose or lavender oil, dahlings.
• Thick creamy lotion and big socks for after. Try Soap & Glory’s Heel Genius. All their products are genius if you ask me!
1. Grab a plastic bowl/small tub and fill with hot water. I keep my soaking station in the bathroom ‘cause I tend to spill.
2. Add your chosen items to the water. The salts relax your muscles and the lemon promotes cleanliness. Both things important for feet, yeah? Now, relax for 10-15 minutes, and let your feet, you know, soak.
3. After you’re done, mix together brown sugar and your oils (just eyeball it) and rub the mixture over your feet, ankles, even your calves if you wanna get crazy. Let it sit for a minute and then rinse off in the shower.
4. Slather your feet with lotion and put on your socks. Leave them on overnight (sexy!) for maximum foot softness the next day.
Are you guys religious about getting pedicures? Or do you let your toes run free and wild? And who’s your least favorite person to talk to on the phone? Go ahead and vent, I won’t tell.
Allie is tweeting from her bathroom @allierileyjones