It's gonna get sappy up in here.
I've had butt-length hair, a straight lob, a wavy bob with self-cut bangs (that one was a huge mistake), bleached blonde hair, an undercut, and pixies of pretty much every length. And now I'm bored. I need to try something totally new.
So I've been toying with the idea of shaving my head for the summer. I'm tired of dealing with my current hair so much that I've taken to putting it up in a tiny bun every day (I fondly call it my man bun and everyone in my life hates it).
I keep thinking about how freeing a shaved head would be. I might hate how it looks and my family definitely will, but my philosophy has always been that it's just hair and it grows back, so why not try every style under the sun?
Plus, I've been seeing inspiration everywhere lately, from gorgeous women who killed it with this look.
There's also Natalie Portman, Demi Moore, Cate Blanchett, Angelina Jolie, Amber Rose... Someone come take my shears away from me before it's too late.
Now it's time for your Comments of the Week!
"I love NYX. I heard that their butter lipstick in Pops is a dupe for NARS Anita (which I caved and bought and fell in love with.) Also, everyone should follow dupethat on Instagram! They post a lot of cool stuff. :)"
2. Life hack alert! I'm always oversleeping so I'll definitely try this trick. Thanks, "Michelle Tiffany Anderson!"
"Here's my trick to waking up: When my alarm goes off I hit the snooze button, but before I lay my head back down I drink a glass of water (that I put by my bed the night before) and by the time my alarm goes off 9 minutes later my metabolism has started enough that I am awake. I recently told my boyfriend this is my trick and he started using it as well, with success. Water always wakes me up when I am sleepy!"
3. I don't know why, but I love the idea of drinking water out of an old wine bottle like "rubesgoldberg" does. I might start doing this at home as a way to repurpose those.
"I'm generally at 1.5L/day at least (about half a gallon) and I definitely feel weird when I don't get enough water. I'm actually reusing an old 1.5L wine bottle and just drinking from that. It's a nice way to quantify my water consumption ("just finish the bottle")."
4. Thanks to Trista's article about her awesome eBay lipstick score and this comment from "Alexa," I might finally wade into the scary waters of eBay shopping myself.
"eBay is my best friend for all of my beauty purchases. I don't think I've ever paid full price for a Too Faced Palette since I always get them from eBay. Also, eBay has a prolific selection of cat shirts for a price that lets me feed my addiction frequently."
5. I loved hearing about everyone's perceived body flaws and how they've come to accept them (or not). "Amna Mir" had a great reminder that sometimes our flaws are actually a positive to others.
"Hahaaa in Pakistan the bigger second toe is considered to be quite lucky! Like, you would have a very loving life partner and caring in-laws. :D"
Now I want my second toe to be even longer, darn it.
- Do you have a new haircut (or any beauty changes) planned for the summer?
- Who do you think--celebrity or otherwise--pulled off the shaved head look best?
- Who thinks I should shave my head? Maybe I'll do it in an xoVideo.