It's gonna get sappy up in here.
Gang, when I took this job way back in February, I had no idea how gratifying it would end up being. It's been crazy-hard at times, no doubt, but I wouldn't change a thing.
I've been thinking a lot about gratitude lately, just with everything that's been going on in our world, and how I don't tell people often enough how much I appreciate them. So I want to give a shout out to a few of the folks who made the work part of my life in 2014 go really smoothly:
- Team xoVain: April, DaMonica, and Brahaani (our new social media superstar)
- Our contributing editors: Alle, Sable, and Danielle--our newest addition! (CONGRATS, DANIELLE!)
- All of our awesome contributors, both old-timers and new faces
- The community (that's you, dudes). We got an honorable mention at Folio's Eddie Awards last week for Best Online Community, so clearly the word is out.
- The media outlets that picked up what xoVain was putting down and helped spread our message far and wide, including this awesome story that the kind folks over at Paintbox did on me/us the other day.
- The lady at Green Symphony by our office who lets me use my credit card even though there's a $10 minimum for credit cards. (Although, that practice is kind of... illegal?)
Hopefully I didn't forget anyone, but if I did, I will make it up to you in 2015.
- Who or what are you grateful for in 2014?
- What beauty products have gotten you through this year?
Let's get feelings-y in this week's Open Thread.
Administrative Note: We will be publishing on a slightly reduced schedule for the next two weeks because of the holidays. But fear not--there will be plenty of stuff here to keep you entertained.