Oh, don't pretend like you don't have one!
The Cut has been putting together these nifty round-ups summarizing what they learned backstage at NYFW shows. Makeup artists at Prabal Gurung, rag & bone, Altuzarra skipped mascara this year. That's all good if you're a 19-year-old model or Olivia (her dark brown lashes are impossibly long and curly-uppy), but I am tired and I have wispy, fine, blond eyelashes. Similarly, makeup artist Val Garland who did Hervé Leger this year predicts seeing mascara on the bottom lashes
only this spring. I tried both looks. Going mascara-less made me feel naked, while mascara on just my bottom lashes made me feel upside down. Both looks didn't look really work for me. Le sigh.
- A round-up of the best frizz-fighting serums. Fitting as it's currently 93 degrees and muggy.
- 30 fall beauty must-haves (including a $5 "lip wardrobe" and holographic nail polish) compiled by the always spot-on
- A very pin-able primer guide from
Makeup.com. *Pins to the xoVain Pinterest*
- How do we feel about the "front bun"?
- 9 reasons to skip your normal dye job and just get a gloss treatment.
- "Velvety Tomato Lips" are a spring 2014 microtrend.
- A skincare
plus juice cleanse system that's delivered to your home. [YouBeauty]
- Gradient lips at Milly's NYFW show.
- Headed to the drugstore to burn some cash tonight? Check out this inspiring haul on
Cupcakes and Cashmere first.
- The NFL teamed up with CoverGirl to make "fanicure" nail polish sets which
I think is super cute. I currently do the football thing because I happen to really, really enjoy chicken wings, beer, and bonding with strangers at the bar over a common cause. The prospect of a cute mani is one more reason to get into it. [Hello Beautiful]