Bangs, fringe, breakage — whatever you call it, it'll fit in some butterfly clips.
Shaving my head: a good idea or a bad idea?
I thought about it. Then I wrote an article on here saying I was going to do it. Then I changed my mind because, to be honest, it made my mom pretty upset when I mentioned it. Then I changed my mind again because Charlize Theron looks so damn cool in Mad Max: Fury Road.
Finally I figured, what the hell? It can't hurt to do a little tutorial for xoVain describing how to get Theron's look.
I made this tutorial into a video for two reasons:
1. A lot of you have followed along with my various hair articles and transformations (anyone remember the blonde?), so I wanted to include all of you in this latest hair experiment of mine... even if it ends disastrously.
2. I love any movie in which the heroine shaves her head, whether she's sobbing hysterically (looking at you, Natalie) or being super badass about it: Empire Records, V for Vendetta, G.I. Jane... Actually I don't particularly love those movies but I love head-shaving scenes more than anything.
So here's mine:
Optional last step: You can smear dirt all over yourself to really nail the Imperator Furiosa look. I opted not to since I had somewhere to be and I figured it'd be weird if I showed up with dirt on my face.
I hope you all had as much fun watching this video as I had making it! There's something so satisfying about watching someone shave their head, but let me tell you: that's nothing compared to doing it yourself.
- What do you think of my new look?
- Will you be trying this style for the summer?
- What's your favorite head-shaving scene? (Mine is probably the one in The Royal Tenenbaums, and of course my own.)