A Little Nail Art Love For Boston
It's been a week since some seriously horrible stuff went down at the Boston Marathon, but in that week, there's been so much love and humanity pouring into and out of that awesome city.
You can show your love and support for Boston by donating blood, donating time, donating money -- I donated to the Amputee Coalition -- running a mile, and if you’re so inclined, by creating this Boston Love logo on your nails.
(I know it’s not much, but it’s the best I’ve got right now. My heart goes out to everyone in the Boston area. I wish I could do more!)
What you’ll need:
Start by painting all but your ring finger with two coats of The Spy Who Loved Me. Paint your ring finger (accent finger) in Butler Please.
Let these coats dry for about two or three minutes before moving on to the art. While you wait, check out the Spotify playlist I made featuring some of my favorite bands out of Massachusetts: From MA with Love.
On to the nail art.
1. Paint a vertical line down the left side of your nail using the white polish.
2. Place two dots on the line, which will act as the base of the hearts you’re about to paint.
3. Paint two horizontal hearts stemming from the vertical line.
4. Paint two dots to the left of the vertical line, then attach the dots to the vertical line.
5. Fill in your “B” with white polish.
6. Paint a small white triangle off the left side of the horizontal line, and two triangles off the humps of the "B"
If needed, enhance the hearts using Butler Please.
10. Line the inside of the “B” with The Spy Who Loved Me and finish with your favorite topcoat.
In addition to the Amputee Coalition, you can also donate to One Fund Boston to support those most affected.
This article was originally posted on xoVain.com.